How do I wash my wig?
Posted on February 03 2020
HUMAN HAIR WIGS: To achieve a natural appearance and unique color variations, all human hair wigs are chemically processed. To give your wig the longest life, it is very important to use sulfate-free hair care products that are specifically made for chemically processed hair.
To wash your human hair wig, follow these steps:
- Detangle the wig using a wig brush or comb. Start at the ends and work upwards to the base of the cap.
- Rinse the wig in cold water, with the water flowing in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling. Do not soak your human hair wig in a basin. This will cause the hair to tangle and mat together.
- Using your fingertips and phosphate free shampoo specifically for human hair wigs, distribute the shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
- Rinse with cold water to remove shampoo. Rinse so that the water is flowing in the same direction as the hair.
- Remove excess water by gently patting with a towel. Do not wring or squeeze.
- Condition the wig with wig conditioner, using your fingertips to distribute the conditioner evenly throughout the hair.
Remove the conditioner by rinsing with cold water. To remove excess water, pat gently with a soft towel. Do not squeeze or wring. Allow the wig to air dry on a folding wig stand or a tall can of hairspray.