How to Take Care of Weaves and Hair Extensions
Posted on October 04 2019
Hair weaves and extensions are an instant fix for those wanting fuller and/or longer hair. There are many ways to add these extensions to your hair. They include braiding, sewing, gluing and clipping on weaves and hair extensions. It is imperative to take proper care of the cheap human hair. Doing so will extend their life and reduce shedding.
1. Wash your weaves and hair extensions using a mild shampoo. Lather the shampoo in your hands before applying to reduce scrubbing and rubbing the hair together.
2. Apply a conditioner evenly to the hair. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse the conditioner out of the hair with cool water.
3. Pat excess water from the hair and let it air dry. If you must blow dry the hair, start at the roots and work your way to the ends to avoid pulling the hair while wet. Don't use excessive heat.
4. Tie or wrap the weaves and hair extensions up at night and secure with hair pins. Use a silk scarf to keep them in place while you sleep.
5. Let the weaves and hair extensions down every morning. Spray them with a conditioning or finishing spray to help keep them soft and manageable.
6. Do not brush or comb curly weaves and hair extensions. Instead, use your fingers to rake into place. Use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to style wavy extensions.