Making Your Own Wigs – Why Bother?
Posted on March 19 2019
Making a wig specifically for you and only you is one of the best ways to add a little bit of your personality to your hairstyle! Making your own wig can be beneficial to you because your wig will fit your head better and be more comfortable to wear.
Wig selection can be a daunting task especially if you go to a store or search online and you cannot find a wig that you like or one that suits you well. Then there are times when you have the perfect wig in mind, but you cannot find it anywhere – online or offline. Whether it’s the color of the wig, hair length, hair texture or sizing, making your wig can make your search a whole lot easier if you make your wig yourself.
Here are some reasons why you should consider making your own wig:
- You can choose color, length, hair texture to suit your preference and needs.
- You can ensure that your wig is comfortable to wear by fitting it perfectly to your head size, making sure that it fits well with the fullness of your natural hair.
- You can be as creative as possible with your wig – be it adding colored streaks or layering the hair, it’s all up to you and only you!
- Nobody will have a wig just like yours because you’ve created it, and it’s uniquely you!
With the amount of advantages of making your own wig, it’s easy to see why women choose to do it.
If you plan on making your own wig, here are some tips to follow to ensure that you create the best quality wig suited to your needs:
- Make a list of all of the tools and supplies you will need prior to going on your hunt. Write down the name of the company where you plan to purchase your hair and supplies and write down any questions you may have to ask them. Also, locate the stores where you will purchase your supplies so that the task of making your wig becomes that much easier.
- Only purchase your hair from a reputable hair supplier. Look online to see what people are saying. Check out YouTube videos and pictures of people who have actually purchased hair from that company. If you’re getting a lot of positive feedback; that may be a place you may consider purchasing your hair.
- If you have allergies, see if you can get a sample of the hair prior to your purchase. Test the hair on your skin ahead of time to ensure that you don’t have any allergic reactions. After all, you don’t want to invest the time and money into making your wig, only to find out that you cannot wear it. Alternatively buy unprocessed virgin hair to avoid which is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Don’t forget to purchase your hair care products for your wig ahead of time. Ask the company where you purchased the hair what products they recommend. Also find out what products others have said work well on the hair.
By doing your research ahead of time, this will make your wig-making process much more enjoyable. Remember, not everyone can make a wig. But if you follow a clearly planned out process, you’ll be one happy camper! Not only will you be proud of your new wig creation, but others will also wonder why you look so good. It’s because you made a wig that is uniquely you!