What Is Virgin Hair?
Posted on October 24 2019
1.What Is Virgin Hair And Why Does It Matter?
Virgin hair is chemically unprocessed human hair, also known as Pure virgin hair, it has to be 100% pure.
- It cannot have gone through any kind of chemical processing, so when you purchase this hair, it has not been permed, colored treated, dyed, bleached, blow-dried, gone through any other chemical processing.
- It’s from one single donor so each bundle you buy should from the same donors(the donor could be Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian, etc). This has not been exposed to any kinds of harsh agents and the cuticles all still have to be intact and running the same direction.
If these things are not so, this is not true virgin hair.
Here’s why virgin hair is chosen: The Highest Quality Hair(But Most Expensive), Last Longer than any other types of hair extension.
2. What Is Remy Hair?
Remy hair: the cuticle is still intact and all the hair is running in the same direction from root to tip.
- Remember: Remy hair maybe come from various donor.
- If your hair is Remy human hair, you can dye it, you can wash it, and with good care, it should last over 6 months(if proper care).
- Remember: Hair vendors often mislead the client. In fact, Remy hair just means the direction of the cuticle of the hair.
Remy hair is considered to be the fine quality of human hair because the cuticles are kept intact and not stripped, unlike in most other non-remy hair extensions. But, Remy hair is NOT the best grade of hair.
Please read below article explaining what is remy hair.
3. What’s The Difference Between Virgin Hair And Remy Hair?
To define as virgin hair, it must the following strict standards: not been permed, dyed, colored, bleached and chemically processed in any way, comes from one single person.
- 1. The best thing of virgin hair weave is that it can last no less than a year with proper care and maintenance.
- 2. With Virgin hair, you have to care for it just like your own natural hair, because virgin human hair is lace of these processes, the cuticles are intact. However, this also means that more work is required in order to maintain the look and feel of the hair.
- 3. Moreover, the color that appears in the hair weave is natural, which is why you see only this color available when virgin hair bundles are offered.
Note: Remy hair is probably the most misunderstood and overused phrase in the hair industry.
Remy hair is achieved when the cuticles are still intact and not stripped, and most importantly it’s bundled so that the cuticle lays in the same direction from the time the hair is cut from the donor. Preserving the hairs’ cuticles and aligning them in a unidirectional fashion creates hair extensions that are completely natural in appearance.
Any other product does not fit the bill. The truth is, 98.99% of all human hair out there has been chemically treated in one form or another.
4. How To Tell The Difference Between Virgin Hair And Remy Hair?
1. One simple way to tell if a hair weave has chemicals is by smelling it, as chemically processed hair will have that beauty supply odor or a harsh, strong chemical scent.
2. You can see the color to distinguish. You should also know that most virgin weave hair sold in salons are dark.
5.Is Virgin Hair Better Than Remy Hair?
The answer is according to your own need.
- 1.Virgin hair and Remy hair both are 100% natural human hair. The difference is that the donor of Remy hair used to dye, perm or bleach his or her hair while the donor of 100 virgin human hair doesn’t use any chemical products. And Remy hair needs to be rearranged but unprocessed virgin hair always comes as it is.
- 2.Virgin hair is more precious and expensive, and it’s the best product among all the hair extensions. But both of the virgin and Remy hairs are smooth, healthy with perfect shape and quality.
- 3.Remy hair extensions are the most popular human hair extension on the market due to the quality and price.You will also get that natural look because the hair is going the direction it is supposed to (unlike other non remy hair bundles or weaves).
6. What Is No-Remy Hair?
Non-Remy hair is hair that does not have its roots aligned (Roots and tips not traveling in the same direction).
Since the cuticle runs in both directions it requires a higher concentration of acid. Eventually resulting in hair with very low moisture, leading to dry straw-like hair.
7. What Is The Difference Between Remy And Non-Remy Hair?
The biggest difference is to check whether the cuticles are kept intact and not stripped.
One way you can test it is to make sure that if you wet your hand, dip it in some water, you go down, it is gonna feel really really smooth. You dip your hand back in the water, you’re gonna go up, it is gonna kind of feel rough and that’s what you want.
If it feels smooth going down and smoothes going up that means that the cuticle has been removed.
8. So What Side Are You On? Virgin, Remy Or Non-Remy Hair?
Generally speaking, all natural virgin hair collected is remy hair since it was never mixed with other hair or realigned.
This helps explain why remy hair is generally much cheaper than virgin – it’s mixed with many peoples’ hair.
Some customers express that remy is softer/shinier and therefore better; it’s most likely been chemically treated (think dipped in acid or silicon) and will not last very long after its first couple of dyes and perms.